View Single Post
Old 10-26-2010, 11:46 PM   #57
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by aagstn View Post
I really don't think their strategy is to sell an android tablet. They are trying to create a brand with nook and want to set nook apart from the kindle in the ebook market. It will have apps, but the focus is ebooks, digital magazines, etc and that will be their strategy. Getting ebooks more mass market with a full color reader. I'm expecting comic book support to come as well.
I hope you're right about their strategy. This isn't a tablet, nor is it, I think, meant to be one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boswd View Post
I don't know. I think this actually does fill a void. There are advantages that a touchsceen LCD can accoplish that eink just can't, at least not for a while. The animation, different functionality you can do, that people love on the iPad. It'll be great magazines, childrens books,text books, comics, Magna, PDF just work better on LCD than eink.

The price is pretty affordable. I think it grabs the " I want all the capabilites of what the iPad can offer in an ereader but don't want to pay that much"
At $250 the nook color comes in to play.

I watched the demo, this has some nice features, really nice. The specs are high end. it uses an LG IPS panal, IPS are pretty much the top of line. it has a 1024 x 600 resolution. The screen is going to very very sharp.

I'm very interested. But I'll keep my origianl nook for reading novels but the Nook color for webbrowsing , magazines and newspapers etc.
It's pretty (SHINY!!), LOL. I can see lots of people going for the color experience. And as long as they go into it looking for a READER, not a TABLET, it should satisfy the eyecandy loving portion of the marketplace.
I just got my Sony, and love it, and don't need anything else (I already have the Asus, which converts to a tablet configuration). But it is pretty.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote