View Single Post
Old 01-01-2018, 11:14 PM   #294
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by genoasalami View Post
OK. I had been selecting Kobo Reader as the output profile which seemed to make intuitive sense.
Perhaps there should be some note somewhere about what each profile will do. It makes sense, but you do need to know what each profile does when you’re getting weird results. That’s not my department though

Quote:
Originally Posted by genoasalami View Post
The only reason I noticed it, though, is because images appeared more heavily compressed in KePUB than MOBI or AZW (for my Kindle readers). Hopefully the tablet setting will fix it.
Depending on which Kindle and Kobo devices you have, they may have different resolutions. The images may even be the same size but look worse at a higher pixel density, if that’s a difference between the devices. On top of that, Kindle, Kobo ePub, and Kobo KePub are three different rendering engines that may process and optimize images differently. And, more generally than your question, if you don’t compare images that are actually the same size on all three, you may find that you’re thinking images look way worse just because you’re running into this, where a book has a high-resolution image on one but a compressed image on another.
jgoguen is offline   Reply With Quote