View Single Post
Old 09-16-2009, 01:00 AM   #53
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahi View Post
I'm imagining you as a hip old grandpa in his sixties listening to his progressive rock oldies on the iPhone X. Hopefully your eyes will be good enough to make out the tiny letters on the iPhone X however many decades from now... that and you'll continue to remain fond of having to learn a new user interface every few years for accessing your increasingly more static music collection.

- Ahi
By the time I'm in my sixties [nearly four decades from now] I doubt phones will look anything like they do today. They might output straight to the otherwise transparent OLED in my glasses. Or at the very least feature collapsible screens.

Now I never said phones, at least as they are now, made great "books". Mine is tolerable for casual reading, though unusable for formatted documents, and even my early 20s eyes would prefer something with a larger display. It would be most excellent if that something could also do other things that would benefit from its screen real estate. Such as web browsing and note taking. Not that this device would actually replace similar functionality on my smart phone. The phone is still more convenient since I always have it with me.
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote