View Single Post
Old 11-15-2017, 01:14 PM   #31290
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
Those are just cents.

I can buy Big Name Brand bottled water here, which costs like €2.95 a litre, because it's zchpeczial™. If you buy bottled water from Store Brand, you'll get it for as low as €0.35.

Even though that's a price difference of almost 10x, it's about less than €3, and I can _see_ those prices when I'm standing in front of the shelves. In my case above, it's a difference up to €84, and I have to search stores throughout Europe. Even if I find the best price/shipping cost/shipping time option (which is often Germany for me), it seems that 'best price' can fluctuate up to €24, in a matter of days.

The product I bought in the UK had been at €65 for a few days, until my GF actually decided to buy it; it was €45 for the weekend when I got it for her. Now it's back to €65 again.

In the end, I (or more accurately, she) paid €38 and €45, in Germany and the UK, for products that would have cost €119 and €89 in the Netherlands. €83 vs. €198... (even when bought in the worst case, without the temporary discounts that happened at exactly the right time, the price difference would still have been 59+65= €124 vs. €198.)

I think such price differences for EXACTLY THE SAME PRODUCT are idiotic. I positively feel ripped off with my €82 "deal" last year, even though I saved €37 over the normal price at that time.
Do me a favor please. Put every cent you get in a jar. Save it for one year. I do think you would be surprised.
That turkey alone adds up to $14. Not to mention the time and expense to go buy groceries.
I just did some quick math. Those cents added up to dollars awfully quick.
Oh wait I am sorry. I forgot you don't do pounds. Change my previous posts from pounds to 2.2 kilograms.
So yes, that 11 cents savings on butter may not seem like much to you but if I buy 10 lbs, that is $1.10 saved. On the sweet potatoes 10 lbs would be 50 cents saved.
It isn't that much per each but it adds up quickly.

As to the true price of something: what is the market willing to pay?

Example: I can get Mexican vegetables super cheap, issybird can get real maple syrup cheap. (We live in the same country.)
Prices vary.
There is an online store called wish.Com, they may have 4 prices for the same item. Come to think of it Amazon is the same way.

I don't think there is a set price for anything (except maybe ISBN).
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote