View Single Post
Old 10-09-2011, 08:53 AM   #3
daubnet
daubnet is no ebook tyro.daubnet is no ebook tyro.daubnet is no ebook tyro.daubnet is no ebook tyro.daubnet is no ebook tyro.daubnet is no ebook tyro.daubnet is no ebook tyro.daubnet is no ebook tyro.daubnet is no ebook tyro.daubnet is no ebook tyro.

Device: iPad
For those who wish to help with translations and don't want to install the quite large Qt SDK (a few hundred MB), there is a 6.4MB Download of the necessary tools available here.

There is one caveat, though: Since binaries for V0.50 haven't been released, you cannot check your translations inside Sigil yet - above tools don't allow you to create your own build.

As a sidenote: On Windows, you'll have to use "lupdate ../../ -ts out.ts" to produce the TS file. Note the missing asterisk. I believe this command line should also work on Linux, but haven't tried.

BTW, I think it makes sense to include the sigil_en.ts file in the GIT repository so that translators don't have to pull the whole source and create the TS file individually. This could also be part of a "string freeze" process.

P.S. I'm working on a german translation. If somebody else is doing the same, please contact me via PM.
daubnet is offline   Reply With Quote