View Single Post
Old 01-19-2019, 01:25 AM   #7
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by SigilBear View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Unless/until ePUB moves along to CSS3, and devices have enough power, I just don't see this. BS also needs javascript and jquery.
Actually, ePubs have already implemented CSS3 -- https://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.ht...cId=1000729511

I think I read about another non-Amazon reader that is CSS3 enabled.

The problem is that very few people are currently using these devices.
The renderer used by the Kobo eInk ereaders for epub3 will handle javascript. Kobo used to use some js in their kepubs but later dropped embedding js -- it was damn near impossible to have their eInk devices, Windows/Mac desktop apps, Android app and ios app not have issues trying to make pages with js display the same pages without customizing the js for each platform.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote