View Single Post
Old 02-04-2012, 01:20 PM   #47
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notrite View Post
Hi Rkomar,

May I make a suggestion? would it be possible to add manual orientation and remove(full screen)/add status bar in the menu list? This helps to save battery as oppose to having accelerometer on all the time, and maximize image viewing.

Much appreciated
Is the status bar something that you would turn on/off often, or something that you would only want to do once? I'm trying to figure out if it should be in the global configuration page, or in the pop-up menu as a per-book setting.

As far as the accelerometer goes, I don't think it's possible to turn it off with the current API. I can set the orientation so that it doesn't change, but you can already do that through the device configuration. There is a function SetGSensor() that disables the events, but you can still see the green LED come on whenever you change the orientation of the device, so I wouldn't say that it gives any battery savings. It looks to me like the G sensor is always on, no matter what.

Last edited by rkomar; 02-04-2012 at 01:25 PM.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote