View Single Post
Old 03-20-2015, 09:39 AM   #10
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
I nominate The Invisible Man by HG Wells.

I stayed reading this as an audiobook on my daily walks, and am enjoying it so much I just had to nominate it. It was nominated six months ago by GA Russell, and put in a respectable showing that time, so maybe it can win this time.

Description from Amazon:

With his face swaddled in bandages, his eyes hidden behind dark glasses and his hands covered even indoors, Griffin – the new guest at The Coach and Horses – is at first assumed to be a shy accident-victim. But the true reason for his disguise is far more chilling: he has developed a process that has made him invisible, and is locked in a struggle to discover the antidote. Forced from the village, and driven to murder, he seeks the aid of an old friend, Kemp. The horror of his fate has affected his mind, however – and when Kemp refuse to help, he resolves to wreak his revenge.

And it's right here in our own Patricia Clark Memorial Library. The version is by HarryT, so you know it will have been thoroughly proofread.

Kindle:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57426

ePub:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57427
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote