View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 10:58 AM   #741
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
It's perhaps worth pointing out that the Kindle only shows you the "row of awful bestsellers" if you have the "Recommended Content" option turned on. Switch it off (Menu -> Settings -> Device Options -> Personalize Your Kindle -> Recommended Content) and you won't see them (or indeed any other form of advertising).
That's a trick which doesn't work with my android kindle app; I even contacted Amazon about it. Their response: "No one else has complained about bestsellers being displayed so removing them isn't on our list. If more people complain, we'll look into it."

Under Settings > Device Settings, the only option seems to be Volume Buttons Control.

Back to the Kobo Aura: The only aspect of the body that really bothers me is the pink power slider.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote