View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 11:04 PM   #68
Fluribus
Guru
Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocampo View Post
Disagree.

Lock model has worked for other companies.

They sell books, no hardware.

Their problem is bad service, haven't expand ebook business international, prices not competitive.

Open the UI won't make them sell more ebooks if their titles are more expensive then Amazon.

But I do agree when you say that they their ecosystem is poor. And after several years, no signs of important improvement has been made. If you're locked into one, at least give a strong one to your customer.
Had the Nook been more open, I would have bought one. Had I gotten a Nook, I would have looked at their book and app offerings. It's a foot in the door. Would it be enough to keep them afloat? I don't know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveEisenberg View Post
Did I say I'm not a sports fan?
I'm willing to say that I am not a sports fan. If I were...I might be tempted to say that B&N needs to give 110%. That they just need to play their game. Not let their opponents get into their heads. That defense wins games. That the best defense is a good offense.
Fluribus is offline   Reply With Quote