View Single Post
Old 07-24-2010, 05:18 PM   #1
NASCARaddicted
Addict
NASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: BeBook One, Pocketbook Touch, Pocketbook Touch HD
Bebook Mini or Sony PRS 300

Hello

I use a Bebook One since May 2009, and I am really satisfied with it.

Now, my wife also got interested in ebook readers. We went to a few stores, but there we only saw 3 different readers, and all have been from Sony.

They had the PRS 505 (I almost bought that one, before i got the Bebook), the PRS 600 and the PRS 300.

In the beginning, my wife thought a touch screen would be cool, but I heard that a touch screen reflects the light more then one without touchscreen. We checked it in the store and it is true. The PRS 600 reflected much more light then the 505 and the 300. Not too long ago, I showed her my Bebook in bright sunlight and it had almost no reflection - and the 600 reflected a lot in the sunlight. Also the 600 has no card slot, so that is another negative thing.

My wife thinks the smaller PRS 300 (5 inch display) is very cool, she would prefer that one. However, I also told her about the Bebook Mini which is also a 5 inch model.

So how would you compare the Bebook Mini to the Sony PRS 300 ? Which one is better and more reliable ? What about stuff like menu structure ? I am used to the simple structure of the Bebooks, so maybe I am biased, but when I checked I thought the menu of the PRS 300 is overloaded ...

By the way: what other ebook-readers would you recommend ?

As I said: 5 inch would be prefered. No touchscreen. A card slot should be included.
Oh, and if the battery could be replaced easily, that would also be a plus.

Thanks in advance.
NASCARaddicted is offline   Reply With Quote