View Single Post
Old 08-08-2010, 03:13 AM   #4
toddos
Guru
toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Nokia Lumia 920 (Freda)
It doesn't work out of the box because it doesn't have an Android Phone ID and there's no way to create one from the device (because it's not authorized to access the market). If you already have an ID from another phone, or can create one using the dev emulator, market works great. There's a cache size issue (cache is way too small, causing downloads never to start), but if you're good about periodically clearing that Market is usable. I'm trying to get into the habit of clearing the Market cache every time I finish downloading stuff. It's possible that it will fail on items that are too large for the cache (big games?), but so far I haven't run into anything that wouldn't download after clearing the cache.

The hacking community has a temporary fix (has to be re-applied every time you reboot), and that will almost certainly turn into a permanent fix shortly. Or you could wait for Augen to address the issue.
toddos is offline   Reply With Quote