View Single Post
Old 06-12-2009, 04:22 PM   #34
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
Quote:
Originally Posted by pboss View Post
The cnet review said that the maximum font size is bigger, but the method they used is questionable at least: "With the font set to the highest level on the Kindle 2, we counted 11 lines of text with about five words per sentence. By contrast, on the Kindle DX, we counted 19 lines of text and six or seven words per line. "
They're wrong. I just comapred them myself, on the largest font size, same page, same book. The font size is the same. Yes, you get more words and lines per page because the Kindle DX has a larger screen, morons.

One interesting note: You can't use Alt-Shift-N to adjust line spacing on the Kindle DX, because you have to hit Alt to access numbers in the first place. So you're stuck with the defauly line spacing, which is about 4 (I prefer 2 on my Kindle 2.) Once you adjust the line spacing on each to be the same you'll see the fonts are the same size.
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote