View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 10:25 PM   #243
johnleo
Enthusiast
johnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it isjohnleo knows what time it is

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by yiming View Post
i'm using bhaak's Hacked Up Reader version 0.2.1, and varnie's HackedUpReader Launcher. i didn't install the freetype library.

i find the font rendering satisfactory, here's a screen capture, the font used is xHei:

Attachment 96540

as i've mentioned, the only thing i'm not happy with is the punctuation marks appearing at the first column.

btw, let me correct what i've said in that last posting. for text file, you need not set "Preformatted text" to Off. and for epub, you don't have to set "Document embedded styles" to off. it seems that the most important setting is "Fallback font face". as long as you set it to a Chinese font, you should have no problem reading epub, text or mobi books.

Lately, however, i've problem changing the "Fallback font face". i'm stuck at page 2 of the selection and can't go to page 1 to select other fonts. whenever i tried to go to page 1, the programme will close. not sure if it's because of incompatible issue with other apps i've installed.
The HackedUpReader works well after I installed four Chinese fonts to the system. Just select the Chinese font from the menu and it will display correctly. But it seems to be unable to show Chinese book title of txt files. Just ????.txt. Maybe I need to change some of the settings you mention above. But reading Chinese epub now is a enjoyment. I don't have to envy Nook users for their epub support anymore. Thank you very much.
johnleo is offline   Reply With Quote