View Single Post
Old 01-22-2011, 02:05 PM   #1
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
Start Calibre but prevent downloading?

My problem is the OTHER half. If Calibre is downloading or emailing periodicals, it almost completely dominates the modem/router connection and she flips out as she can't get her email (work related).

So there are times I would like to use Calibre for its cataloging functions but since I forgot to leave it running, when I fire it up, it almost immediately starts jobs (7 periodicals). I have found that I cannot cancel the jobs (is that me or a limitation?). The only way I have found to cancel jobs is to EXIT Calibre.

Short question, finally - is there a command line switch to start calibre but prevent it from processing jobs. I want to run it to add files to my library and/or convert formats without the periodical downloads at that time.

Thanks in advance (and I apologize if this is answered somewhere I could not find)
FF2 is offline   Reply With Quote