View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 09:57 AM   #135
QuantumIguana
Philosopher
QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2 gen, Kindle Fire 1st Gen, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
I can't figure out how people reason when they have these opinions. Is more weight always better? To me it just makes sense that what you can do with the product and when you can buy it totally control how much i am willing to pay. And ebooks wins nearly always over paper books for ordinary fiction books.
If we were a captive market, sure. But we're not. If I decide not to buy one book, I have a nearly infinite number of other books to choose from. It doesn't seem to me at all obvious that the advantages of the e-book make it worthwhile to pay more for the e-book, because it's not at all obvious that I should buy this book instead of some other book. The only reason publishers would charge more for the e-book is that they think that we will pay it. If we won't pay more for the e-book than we would for paper, they won't charge more for the e-book.
QuantumIguana is offline   Reply With Quote