View Single Post
Old 03-27-2009, 01:15 PM   #49
Abelturd
Little Fuzzy Soldier
Abelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toys

Device: cybook gen3, htc hero, ipaq 214
@Eowyn
These are the things that pocketbook has and cybook doesn't (which probably won't be implemented even in the forthcoming update) and which I find very useful because they make the reader to an actual working tool, not just a leisure fiction reader:
  • search in the text
  • search in the dictionary
  • doc and rtf support
  • text highlighting and saving the selection (useful when proofreading)
  • note taking (proofreading, margin annotations, just two or three words, noone's gonna write novels with it)
  • better use of screen real estate (I really hope bookeen will implement customizable margins and optional header and footer in the new update)
For the other things you mentioned I couldn't care less.
Please note that I don't hold it against bookeen that gen3 doesn't have any of this. It wasn't advertised when I bought my cybook and I knew what I was getting for my money. If I want these functions, I have to buy another device, I get it.
Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter
The way you speak, it's like the bookeen firmware is total crap, while the pocketbook one is just wonderfully perfect. They are not that different.
Please, don't put words in my mouth, I never said that bookeen's fw is crap. It's a solid fw, even though it's a bit sparse on functions.

Last edited by Abelturd; 03-27-2009 at 01:32 PM.
Abelturd is offline   Reply With Quote