View Single Post
Old 03-27-2009, 12:38 PM   #48
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abelturd View Post
Hey Eowyn, you have to catch up. There's only one version of EB100, the other one with twice the memory and doubled processor speed is called EB600. There are 2 versions of pocketbook firmware though, one for eb100 (pocketbook 301) and one for eb600 (pocketbook 301+). There's no need to optimize the fw for cybook, only change the installation process to make it work on cybook.
Yeah, i looked for the 301+ specs. Should have guess there was a 301 somewhere.
And what usefull things that one would do the Cybook firmware don't anyway ?
Note typing ? the idea is ingenious for sure, but, i can't even type on my cell phone's keybord.
Epub ? -> That's coming for Cybook
Better pdf -> Same thing.
Folders -> Same again.
Fancy icones ? -> well, it's just fanciness.
Sudoku -> My DS does that better.

What's the hype about it hey ? And is there some 301+ only stuff ?

Well, if and when they realase a Cybook version, i'll probably try it, but not without making sure i can go back to the bookeen firmware.

The way you speak, it's like the bookeen firmware is total crap, while the pocketbook one is just wonderfully perfect. They are not that different.

Last edited by EowynCarter; 03-27-2009 at 12:44 PM.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote