View Single Post
Old 10-13-2008, 05:23 AM   #1
Pulp
Palm Addict
Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen3 [512mb, FW: 1.5]
Lightbulb Tool to easily clean and refurbish html-text before conversion

What I was looking for was an easy way to go through the html-files I created before I formated them to mobi.
I used to use a simple text editor to go through the source and then check the result in a browser, but this is rather annoying with long documents.

While searching for a simple WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) I was very close to desperation as there are thousands of them out there, some even free - but the main problem was that they created bulky code and there was no way to force them not to.
I know that bookdesigner is a tool to do it, but I never found it to be intuitive and I had a lot of trouble editing non english books.

Even though my requirements were simple (at leasts I thought so ) it took me a lot of tries to find the perfect program:

I finaly ended up with kompoZer, an unofficial successor of Nvu.

It allows to
  • edit the text directly in HTML view (WYSIWYG)
  • also view sourcecode and graphical html-tags
  • find and replace text in all the views
  • create lists by simply marking the text and pressing a button
  • disable the use of CSS elements (essential!)
You can even copy and paste text from your browser.

kompoZer is fast, stable and easy to use - I hope it will help some of you the way it helps me
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kompozer.jpg
Views:	439
Size:	304.5 KB
ID:	17015  
Pulp is offline   Reply With Quote