Thread: Aura HD Ordered from Mondadori
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013, 04:33 PM   #16
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quexos View Post
Identity ? If a credit card checks out, why on earth would they need or care for the identity of the customer ? Why not his sexual preferences, blood type and political choices ?
I went all the way to London to get my Aura, paid with my card and that was it, nobody asked me who I was or why I wanted it or where I lived.
This is also happening in France sometimes. I think there had been too many payments that bounced off, so some sellers are taking measures to protect themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samhy View Post
I know some French web sites which ask for a scan of the buyer ID for certain amounts or some products (electronic devices). Still that's very bothersome
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote