View Single Post
Old 04-04-2012, 08:38 AM   #3
Yapyap
Guru
Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad 3, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
Oddly enough, I really like series - and am more than willing to read 3-4-5 books in a series in a row, at 300-600 pages each, but tackling a 1000+ page single novel fills me with dread and I just really don't like them.

I think it's something to do with being a goal-oriented person, wanting to reach the end (or a designated end point of an instalment in a series) within a "reasonable" (to me) time frame. If I don't manage to finish a book in 4-5 days, I start to get antsy and lose interest.

And yes, I know it doesn't make a lot of sense logically, but when have reading preferences ever made sense anyway?

That said, if it's a new book in a series I adore, I tend to hope it's longer and don't have issues with them being up to ~800 pages.
Yapyap is offline   Reply With Quote