View Single Post
Old 09-28-2010, 12:12 PM   #7
ManosHandsOfFate
Addict
ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManosHandsOfFate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, K3, Fire, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Strnad View Post
I can't answer your specific question, but I can tell you this:

Using as your screen name the title of THE WORST MOVIE EVER MADE is either an act of ultimate self-effacement that would make the Dalai Lama proud, or a desperate plea for attention.

I know...people talk about PLAN NINE FROM OUTER SPACE as the worst movie ever made, but they obviously have never seen MANOS! In comparison, PLAN NINE is CITIZEN KANE. It is RAGING BULL. It is GONE WITH THE WIND next to MANOS!

You are ill, my friend. Seek help.

P.S.: I love your avatar! What is it? A bit from a Tom Swift cover? Please tell!
I'm a big fan of bad movies. Manos, of course, is the apex of the glorious bad movie mountain. I'll admit though that I've never subjected myself to the non-MST3K'd version.

The production is an interesting story. Entertainment Weekly wrote it up in 2005:

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,1068572,00.html

The avatar is from the cover of "Tom Swift and His Atomic Earth Blaster". I loved the "Tom Swift Jr." books when I was a kid.

I should probably check out the original Tom Swift books. I believe many or all of them are public domain.
ManosHandsOfFate is offline   Reply With Quote