View Single Post
Old 08-15-2018, 03:22 PM   #4
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenBarrington View Post
For research & planning, mostly. I'm starting to see some real value there.
I like Simplenote because it's ... simple (just text, which is what I want). I used to use EverNote but it always tried to enforce formatting and I didn't like that. Since I use Linux and a Blackberry, OneNote isn't really one of my choices — but on my main computer (and laptops) I write in JOE (text editor) using the Jstar variant (because I like WordStar keystrokes). If I need to "fancify" the document, I just move it LibreOffice (rarely need to). Basically everything in Linux can save to PDF format, even from the command line.

I've got Simplenote on the Fire tablet and a nice Bluetooth keyboard and an app called JotterPad (where I write and then copy into Simplenote, so it's available everywhere). It's slick, but I never use it. (Just another failed attempt to find some use for my tablet — I guess I'm not a tablet kind of person.)

Sorry to ramble. I like plain text because it's a format that's never going to go away and isn't dependent on any application.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote