View Single Post
Old 01-18-2010, 01:54 PM   #9
CarolineNH
Expert napper
CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad Pro, Kindle Fire 10
After reading this, I entered my personal info under "Text Memo" and "Handwriting" on my PRS-600. I was surprised, when I got mine, that there wasn't somewhere to enter personal info. It may or may not help - God forbid I lose it somewhere - but it can't hurt.

I think the Sony store, like the Amazon one, has no direct way to record a missing e-reader, nor to stop someone else from using it. This (along with Apple's refusal to "brick" lost iPhones/iPods that try to access the iTunes store) has been in the news several times lately. Would be nice if there was a remote disable feature on electronic items that can't be bypassed by someone who's not the owner.

I do hope you find your reader!
CarolineNH is offline   Reply With Quote