View Single Post
Old 01-13-2021, 05:37 PM   #882
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
After considering a number of options, I've decided to use this package to learn more about the mobi format. As part of preparation, I've imported the extracted tar files into a git repository and uploaded that to github. I did the import with a script that I wrote for that purpose which is attached here.

The repository is at https://github.com/jps-e/mobi-perl.git

On creation of the bare repo at github, I was surprised to learn that the default primary branch is now main. I wend with the flow and renamed the branch on my local repo before pushing it to github. That seemed to work out OK. I also named the repo mobi-perl instead of mobiperl to leave that name available in case something went horribly wrong or tompe wants to make his own and I want to clone or fork it. topme hasn't posted since 2016 or logged in since 2017.

(The script took 0.8 seconds to import the 22 tar files.)
What is it that these programs do (other than Mobiheader) that Calibre with KindleUnpack cannot do? What is it you want to do that would not be better served by writing plugins for Calibre?
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote