View Single Post
Old 07-29-2020, 05:18 PM   #14
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTT View Post
Thanks a lot for all your kind responses!

I've played today with the font options and I have to say that it looks better, particularly Palatino with 2 touchs of bold. Even so, when reading outside, the letters still don't look totally right to me. It's like the top of the characters is too thin. At this stage I wouldn't discard a little bit of autosuggestion for my part , though

I'll try it these 30 days, but I'm seriously considering returning it and upgrading to the PW (although what j.p.s said about some people finding the PW4's display fuzzy does not bode well DD). The weird-looking GUI I can stand, but, given that it is its main use, I guess it doesn't make sense to keep an ereader if you don't find the reading experience pleasant.

Thanks again!
You could also try to find an used Voyage. It had the best display and sharpest/darkest text of all Kindles, past and present. Even the latest and greatest Oasis is not quite at the level of the Voyage in terms of screen quality. The Voyage still gets firmware updates too.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote