View Single Post
Old 07-28-2020, 02:58 PM   #4
TTT
TTT doesn't litterTTT doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 4NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post
Amazon gives you 30 days to return it, no questions asked. IMO, you should return it and get the Paperwhite.

There is most likely more obvious "fuzziness" because the added layer for the front light. The K4 non-touch doesn't have the front light.
It's weird, though, isn't it? I'd expect that the effect of having that layer would be "fuzzying" the display, as in making everything blurry, but in this case it looks as it was too sharp, like when you have an image that exhibits aliasing.

I'll think about returning it and buying a PW, but I must confess that it kind of bothers me having to pay Amazon more for something that worked ok in 2012's cheap version :

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
However, the 10th gen basic Kindle has a more recent eInk display (Carta vs Pearl I think?), which should have better contrast and less ghosting. You also have the ability to adjust the font weight (which I would do in this case), and custom fonts feature is built in. PW4 is a little better, sure, but there’s nothing really wrong with the basic, I found mine very pleasant to read on (it’s now in use by a sibling).
Yeah, that's what I find more puzzling, that by all accounts the visualization in this model should be better than in my old K4NT, but it really doesn't feel so to me. Maybe it's the increased contrast that makes these imperfections more apparent.

BTW, with font weight you mean making the letters bolder or making them bigger? I've been unable to locate a control to manage the former. As for the custom fonts I'll look into it, thanks!

Last edited by TTT; 07-28-2020 at 02:59 PM. Reason: Typo
TTT is offline   Reply With Quote