View Single Post
Old 01-12-2018, 05:24 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBell View Post
I recently downloaded a manual from Apple to my iPad, and an ebook from Google to my Samsung reader.

Can I use CC to download them from these readers to my Windows 10 computer and then to calibre? If so, how?
I can answer for the Samsung (Android): yes, you can use CC to upload the book, but it isn't straightforward. It would almost certainly be easier to download the book from Google to the machine running calibre.

To upload from CC:
  1. On the reader, ensure that the book is located in CC's folder for PDFs. Usually all formats are put in the same folder but you may have done something different.
  2. In CC, ensure that Settings / Connecing to calibre / Wireless device connection / Scan on connect is checked.
  3. Connect to calibre as a wireless device. The PDF will be added to CC's library under a bizarre name.
  4. In calibre, go to the device view. Search for books with inlibrary:false. The PDF with the strange title should be there.
  5. Right click on the PDF and choose "Add books to library". This will put the strangely-named book into calibre.
  6. Disconnect the wireless device.
  7. In calibre, correct the metadata for the newly-added PDF.
  8. In CC: delete the strangely named PDF.
  9. Connect CC to calibre as a wireless device, then send the corrected PDF to CC.
I can't say whether similar steps would work on the iOS device. My guess is no, given the file/folder sandboxing that iOS does.
Quote:
Also, is there a Calibre Companion manual?
No. The best available is the collection of FAQs.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote