View Single Post
Old 05-12-2016, 02:27 PM   #3
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
I think I saw in some system scripts (at least on some models) that there is a flag file you can drop in the file system (perhaps at root rather than userstore) that bypasses battery check.

Editting your scripts will work, but may interfere with a firmware update (depending on firmware update integrity checks). Some updates throw an error if they detect "hacks" (modified files). But if not a concern, then your suggestion is a good (easy) way to do this.

However, if you disassemble a dead battery, you can use the little circuit board inside it between the kindle and the power supply, and the kindle should "see" an official amazon battery (though I have yet to try that myself). Not sure how confused the kindle battery charging algorithm would get with an infinite capacity battery (i.e. external power supply masquerading as a battery).

Last edited by geekmaster; 05-12-2016 at 06:20 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote