View Single Post
Old 08-22-2014, 05:12 AM   #148
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
I thoroughly enjoyed the process. It gave me a real boost at just the right time.
I did enjoy this too; I learned a lot from it, mainly that I should not write my dialog in the same way as David Eddings does. (It was characterized as "stilted" because it was too detailed and precise.) It also gave me an idea for another short story.

Maybe I'll write a novel by writing the scenes as short stories first and then compiling them. Or, I'll not write a novel, ever, and just keep writing short stories in my own world. Why not

Would it be an idea to close these two threads, and start a thread where people can submit drafts for critique, attaching them to their posts? Then, if one has time, a draft can be read and commented on.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote