Thread: JBPatch
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2012, 01:41 PM   #99
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaPePeR View Post
Well... it cant handle all unicode-characters.
Also its very confused with ».« and »,« for double/floats as in and output
Scanner.nextDouble() only accepts ».«, Double.parseDouble() only »,« (or the other way arround)
The same for output with ""+double and printf("%f",double)

So i think the "This is Java-it will handle everything" might not allways be the case
Please stop spreading FUD. In the link that you provide, nothing indicates that "it can't handle all Unicode characters". And Java isn't "confused" either, though I agree that the way it acts may be "confusing" for people who do not bother to read the documentation.

Java provides locale-specific (and environment-specific) "default" behavior (for instance, using CP1252 by default on Windows, and UTF-8 on Linux; parsing and formatting numbers according to the currently set locale). Whether this was actually a wise decision is debatable (I think it wasn't), but that doesn't mean that it's broken per se.

Last edited by ixtab; 05-21-2012 at 03:10 PM.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote