View Single Post
Old 05-05-2011, 08:34 PM   #13
polly
Evangelist
polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 650, PocketBook 360, Astak PocketPro (RIP), Tungsten T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiulioP View Post
thank you polly, from the description you made the 950 is the one which is closer to my needs, since it's the only one by sony who has WIFI.
Is the touchscreen only for the pen or can it be used by fingers?
could you post some screenshot please?
Is it possible to buy it in europe? (austria or italy....)
it should also have a better screen than Cybook orizon (maybe I'll ask the same question in the section of this forum of this ebook reader )

I've already thought that browsing the screen with buttons (with the kindle i.e.) is very time consuming.... I can't imagine how it can be equal to a touchscreen...
and the other thing I don't like about the kindle is that you must buy from them and it does not support Epub...
The Sony comes with a stylus which you can also use your fingers. It's not multitouch, like the iPod, but it is very responsive. It and the Kindle 3 use the highest quality screens available on the market (Pearl).

The screen is amazingly resistant to showing fingerprints. I use mine routinely to turn the page, but even under the best lighting don't see smudges.

I don't know if it is available in Austria or Italy. I know they are sold in Germany and in the UK. Given that Sony included an Italian dictionary, I'd be surprised if they were not sold in Italy. Good luck on your search.
polly is offline   Reply With Quote