View Single Post
Old 12-07-2008, 02:34 PM   #13
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidzebra View Post
A 30 minute walk might be preferable to braving your subway system.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sadd...,0.053945&z=15
Also I'm pretty sure I can beat Google Maps' anemic speed.
pfff. as long as you stay away from Châtelet or Montparnasse you should be fine. don't tell me an intelligent person like yourself is afraid of the métro ??

(also, yes, i'm pretty sure everyone can beat google maps' anemic speed. half an hour seems like a lot for that particularly trajectory. then again i walk fast. lots of practice, you know).

Quote:
80-90 euro for Hôtel Campanile Paris X, and from 80 euro for New Hotel Paris Gare Nord & Est.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...9&ie=UTF8&z=13
...of probably countless hotels. Anything that beats one of those Formula 1 hotels.
you might also try with keywords "Gare de l'est" which is approximately two streets down from gare du nord and also surrounded by hotels.

also don't be afraid to try an independent hotel (not part of a chain), they are probably cheaper and some are just as nice.

anyway with keywords "gare du nord" google gives 3,971 results, i imagine somewhere in there you can find a decent room for not too expensive...
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote