View Single Post
Old 07-01-2009, 01:04 AM   #7
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeanne12 View Post
Thanks, is there another way for me to do this low level formatting as the reader fails to do it. As I go throught the process these are the messages I get. Some of your ebooks memory needs to be reformatted, It will take up to fifteen minutes to complete, then the message PHYS_FORMAT failed. Then Flash disk init failed. So I gather the reader won't do it. Thanks for any ideas.
The Smartmedia card really should be formatted using the FAT filesystem.

I think some newer Operating Systems (like Vista) don't allow you to format FAT, so try doing it through disk management, that is:

Start > Run > diskmgmt.msc

Then right-click the Smartmedia drive (make sure by looking at the drive size - about 64 MB) and then 'Format...' and answer 'Yes' to any 'Are you sure?' question. For File system, select 'FAT' and then the 'OK' button.

Now when the SM card is formatted FAT, retry formatting the Smartmedia card in the EBW1150 reader by accessing the hidden menu and tapping the 'Erase External' button.

If you still can't get it to work, try using the dos command prompt format command, the appropriate drive and switch i.e. /FS:FAT. This takes a bit more computer knowledge because if you don't know what you're doing here, it can render your computer useless! Be very careful using the command prompt format!
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote