View Single Post
Old 10-03-2008, 10:09 AM   #34
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
A more ambitious project would include an updated 1913 Webster's dictionary done a long time ago here http://web.archive.org/web/200406061...adiocrypt.com/. This one includes 125,970 searchable words!!!
BTW, did I mention IT'S HUGE.

Lots of luck here!
Just for info, I thought I'd have a go with this big boy (36 Mb HTML) using BookDesigner. I opened it this morning and BD started crunching away to load it. After 45 minutes, it was still working at it so I just shut off my PC. I may try this again later but my sense is that even if I can open it, add an efficient table of contants, and generate an LRF file from it, it's going to be so massive that it will be INCREDIBLY impractical to use, particularly without a direct way to get to the word you're looking up. You might just get the definition of a word quicker by posting a letter of inquiry to your local libary.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote