View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 10:50 AM   #253
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
I think I found the same thing:

toolbar -> search -> ;711
Works.

AND THEN:
launcher -> 711
Sort of works - the report page is displayed along with the 'close' button ;
Pressing the 'close' button returns to the launcher list.
I.E: The launcher never exited.
This shouldn't have happened. It means that the launcher failed to suicide() after running the script. I don't know why.

Quote:
Suggeston: Check that entry is being 'executed' (chained to) not just called (so that it runs as a child of the launcher).

Note: Chaining to the user selected entry will also allow you to capture the return code from the selected entry.
Should also eliminate the "suicide kindlet" code.
Since by chaining to the selected entry, the selected entry has replaced the kindlet's code with its own (I.E: no going back to Kindlet - its in the bit bucket already).
That's quite simply impossible. Remember that the launcher is not a native script, but a kindlet running in the VM of the framework process, and its interactions with the system are very "indirect". Runtime.exec() is about the only thing that we can do within Java. That's why the commands are launched in the background, and then the launcher suicides (well, should...)

So the real problem is that the launcher isn't always terminating correctly. Maybe simply having the background script wait 2 seconds (or so) before executing the target could solve both issues. In principle, that should have given the launcher the time to terminate, before the target actually starts up.

I can't test it right now, but if anybody could...
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote