View Single Post
Old 02-23-2008, 05:37 AM   #5
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by hlb View Post
I didn't manage to read it for very long on the Reader because of the font size (and somehow the reader just isn't rendering the font as clearly as it tends to render plain text), but it works well on the computer.
I guess that's normal, the rendering method is probably different in pdf files, and that may lead to slightly fuzzier fonts.

As for the font size, there is obviously a trade-off between font size and number of pages. Also, in a small screen, if I set the font too big then the typesetting quality degrades (shorter lines means it's more difficult to find acceptable line breaks, which leads to large interword spacing or non-justified lines, as you can see sometimes in text files, at least in the cybook).

So, I guess I could build the PDFs with a slightly larger font, but I don't like to make too large. Would you feel more at ease with a 10pt font or would you need more?
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote