View Single Post
Old 03-26-2010, 04:23 AM   #13
ChrisC333
Groupie
ChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it isChrisC333 knows what time it is

Device: Acer eM250 Netbook, iTouch, iRiver Story, HP TM2 Tablet
Hi,

I haven't followed the online magazine developments, but there does seem to be an opportunity to split the content up and offer it in smaller chunks. Rather like buying single mp3 music track instead of having to shell out for the whole physical album.

I have an idea that Choice magazine does something like this. You could buy the monthly magazine, but it may not be reviewing anything that interests you. However, you can now go to their website, read an introduction and then buy the rest of the test results just for the items you're interest in. Does anybody else operate like that? If selling in smaller amounts works for music (which you can also hear free over the radio, via youtube and so on) I can't really see why it wouldn't work for other content if it was packaged and marketed properly.

Many things could be done pretty much the same way - an index of material on offer with a free sample read of, say 20% of the article. I don't buy paper magazines any more because they rarely have more than 10% content that I want to read. But a pay per article system might well appeal.
ChrisC333 is offline   Reply With Quote