View Single Post
Old 06-12-2017, 02:20 PM   #39
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
Hmm - is this another OK in USA, but not allowed in UK thing ?

amazon uk will not accept a direct debit on a UK bank account ( single or joint) a a valid payment method. same with Netflix, Spotify..... so we have separate amazon accounts . I put the kindle-ink reader , for my wife, onto my account to save having to do the de-drm shuffle every time just to share books... I can read the same books on my fire tablet

I think that international companies cannot be bothered to add the UK only direct debit scheme to their payment methods.

I can pay virginmedia for broadband, TV, phone from the joint account but there can only be one primary account email holder, who is allowed to amend the contract. So no real joint ownership there. And worse, if a transfer of responsibility is asked for to move the account to a surviving spouse, all email accounts are destroyed in that process.

they offer a thing called Amazon family, here, but that a joined for content sharing link between two separate accounts, as I understand it
For Amazon we use a credit card so that does have a single primary owner, but for utility bills/Sky/Broadband etc we use a joint bank account, we've never had any issues at all. In the U.K. either party can sign up DDs on a joint account but for each company they just want a single point of contact.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote