View Single Post
Old 02-15-2017, 08:56 AM   #44
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinThought View Post
I'm not sure what the hoo-hoo is about this semantic thing. There are several very easy ways to check it, change it, or remove it. My preferred method is to go into the OPF file and make the changes manually. Others probably have developed their own preference. But to try to burden the maintainers with the responsibility of making you be able to do it your preferred way seems a little self centered.

Just my two cents worth.
The beef is mainly because it simply doesn't work the way many people were ACCUSTOMED to it working previously. It'll pass eventually. I don't take it personally. Hell, before I got involved with maintaining Sigil, I camped on version 0.4.2(3) while Sigil went through a bit of upheaval 'til late in the 0.6.x series.

So while I understand that many people don't like their favorite tools to change, I also keep in mind (and remind others) that there's no reason to upgrade to newer versions you don't like. Stick with what works for you. But if a feature in a newer version looks enticing to you ... then you better be ready to compromise to get it. Way of the world.

And (as always) when push comes to shove ... "patches are welcome, and forks are allowed."

Last edited by DiapDealer; 02-15-2017 at 08:59 AM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote