View Single Post
Old 09-19-2008, 01:40 AM   #13
acidzebra
Liseuse Lover
acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
The E-ink technology also uses just a fraction of the energy typically needed for comparably sized screens, extending the device's battery life to between 60 and 80 hours.
For me personally, while I am interested in a bigger screen, they are really going to have to do better than that. And be more specific. 80 hours in standby mode? Or what?

Quote:
E-Ink enthusiasts will likely have to wait until 2009 for color E-ink and as late as 2012 for video, says Russ Wilcox, the chief executive of Cambridge, Mass.-based E-Ink
That's okay, Russ, even if it turns out to be 2011 and 2014 respectively - that is about the time I plan on replacing my Sony if it doesn't break before that. I'm not so much interested in video but color would be nice.
acidzebra is offline   Reply With Quote