View Single Post
Old 10-29-2016, 08:17 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@Arro - the Check library tool has three phases. Phase one (vacuuming) optimises the library by removing deleted data - I have never know it to fail. Phase two checks the internal integrity of the database - likewise, I have never know it to fail. Phase three checks the database against the author and book folder and their contents - and reports inconsistencies, this where 99.99% of problems show up. I run it once a week, then if there are any inconsistencies they are few in number, and I will probably remember the circumstances of their creation

The easiest solution may be to restore the pre-thinning backup, then run Check Library and save the report. Then change the Add Books duplicate settings and create a new library from the existing library using the Copy to library and delete tool. Then use what's left behind in the old library to resolve the issues in the Check library report. And as a final step run the Find Duplicates optional PI to catch any stray duplicates.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 10-29-2016 at 08:38 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote