View Single Post
Old 03-27-2011, 06:28 AM   #7
Roadbug
Bookworm
Roadbug exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverRoadbug exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverRoadbug exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverRoadbug exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverRoadbug exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverRoadbug exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverRoadbug exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverRoadbug exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverRoadbug exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverRoadbug exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverRoadbug exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Original Kobo, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by La Coccinelle View Post
[...]Last night, I tried to read Pride and Prejudice. I was reading along, and all of a sudden I got deja vu. A passage that I'd already read had popped up again. The page numbers didn't reflect this at all, so I hadn't skipped backwards or anything; the passage just seemed to be duplicated. I looked ahead a bit, and found this problem again and again.

Thinking it was just that book, I tried reading The Princess and the Goblin. Same issue. The same passage that's on page 1 repeats itself at around page 3.

Is my database of pre-loaded books somehow borked? Or is this a known issue with these books? As it is, they're not readable. How do I fix this, if it is indeed a problem with my Kobo?

Same thing happened to me... but I checked 5 or 6 of the original 100 and they all had repeated sections. The length and number of repeated parts varied (it seemed that they are related to the size of the file). I ended up hiding the 100 books using Calibre and now I download the ones I want to read from Feedbooks.
Roadbug is offline   Reply With Quote