View Single Post
Old 06-04-2017, 03:49 AM   #1
rodneylives
rodneylives began at the beginning.

Device: none
Question Seeking advice on avoiding style cruft

Hey, I've defined a stylesheet that I really like and want to use in my books. I want to use it pretty much for everything.

However, I've noticed that as I work on files in Book View, Sigil tends to add its own styles to my text. At best, this results in things like font-size attributes being added to <p> tags. Sometimes it adds spurious <span>s, looking like: <span style="font-size: 16px; line-height: 1.5em;">

These attributes generally match the ones in my stylesheet, so there's no problem in terms of display usually. But I don't want it to add them, it increases file size and makes it harder to work with the code! And sometimes it uses a <div> instead of a <p>, and I'd really like it not to do that.

What am I doing wrong? Is there some setting I can use to get it to use the simplest code possible? I scanned through the FAQ in the Sigil user guide and the first couple of pages of topics here in the forum and didn't see anything that applies to the issue, so my apologizes if this is something that's been covered before that everyone knows the answer to.
rodneylives is offline   Reply With Quote