View Single Post
Old 06-10-2021, 04:33 PM   #114
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
I have stated multiple times already that I agree that Amazon (and Apple) did something sleazy by making this an opt-out feature. I understand why they chose to do it, but I think it was wrong for them to do it that way. For me it is a minor transgression and I am not going to get worked up over it. Using my bandwidth to track my behavior across websites is a common practice for many companies and bothers me much more than this.

Opt-in vs. opt-out is a separate issue from whether or not I believe that Sidewalk itself is a good idea. I think that it is and I would have happily enabled it, had it been an opt-in feature. As it is I plan to leave it turned on.
OK, forget the automatic opt in. Why do you think Sidewalk is a good idea? How does it benefit you in any concrete (pun intended) way? I don't see what it does for me, or for my neighbors. I do see that Amazon potentially has another tool to exploit.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote