View Single Post
Old 06-29-2017, 03:24 AM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
The O'Reilly shop let you download multiple formats of the same book (PDF, EPUB,...), multiple times (including new copies with corrections). I don't know if Amazon allows the same, but my experience buying novels from Google Play is that they aren't as generous.

At least O'Reilly is still allowing access to those ebooks bought previously from them.
Well, Amazon obviously only sell their format, but format-shifting of DRM-free books is trivial, and if the book is revised, Amazon will give you the corrected version. I just don't see this is a big deal - O'Reilly have obviously decided that the volume of sale direct from them doesn't justify the expense of running their own bookstore, and if the revenue doesn't meet the costs, that's a sensible commercial decision.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote