View Single Post
Old 05-25-2019, 12:38 AM   #8
AlanHK
Evangelist
AlanHK knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'AlanHK knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'AlanHK knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'AlanHK knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'AlanHK knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'AlanHK knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'AlanHK knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'AlanHK knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'AlanHK knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'AlanHK knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'AlanHK knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: PW-3, Android phone
You've used PNG images.

If the epub is going to be used to generate a Kindle file, Kindlegen will convert it to either GIF or JPEG as its fancy takes.
So better to choose one of those formats yourself which will pass through, rather than PNG and risk it becoming a larger and blurrier JPEG. I'd use GIF for this.

Also, whether you use GIF or PNG, for an image of text, I restrict to monochrome and I reduce the palette to 4 colours, very compact, but still avoids jaggies. 8 or 16 colours is slightly smoother but more does not improve quality. For extra credit, inspect the palette and make the darkest grey 100% black; I can do this in Irfanview manually, but maybe your images come like that to begin with.

Last edited by AlanHK; 05-25-2019 at 12:41 AM.
AlanHK is offline   Reply With Quote