View Single Post
Old 04-13-2010, 02:34 PM   #7
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenocon View Post
This one is a big deal for me. Right now the process is:
I'm not sure your process is optimal, but any improvements I'd suggest would still be manual. I'm not a pdf expert, but if pdf's have an isbn field in the internal metadata, Calibre should read it on import. Why not just process your books before import to make sure they have the right isbn? (I don't really know if pdfs have isbn or if Calibre reads it, but that's what I'd check first.)

Quote:
Would love to have this, since I know I have a ton of dupes, and would like to clean it up. I know I can hack SQLLite itself, but was hoping for something inside the app itself.
Kovid is very good about adding code you provide when you want to enhance Calibre. I've seen other requests for duplicate location, so this is a useful feature that others want. Personally, I'd like to see it added as an SQL based search that I could store, rather than a dedicated duplicate location button. You should be aware that Kovid has made it very easy to set up a development environment for Calibre if you want to get your feet wet in Python.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote