View Single Post
Old 04-13-2010, 01:31 PM   #3
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenocon View Post
#1 Automatically finding ISBN from the text itself.
This isn't a priority for me, but I don't know why it can't be added to the code or by plugin. I can imagine a button on the single metadata fetch dialog screen that locates the ISBN in one or more formats. Note that Calibre has multiple formats stored under each ebook record, so I do have different ISBN stored together in a single record. I could keep them as separate ebook records, but don't. I assume you realize that ISBN has priority in metadata fetching for Calibre, otherwise it uses author/title.

Quote:
#2 Separate the library db itself from scratch/import area.
This is done with tags. There are lots of threads on this issue. With saved searches, it's even easier. This is of zero interest to me.

Quote:
#3 Different UI for Edit MetaInformation in Bulk. It would be easier/faster to have this form be on the side of the UI.
This might be nice. I do have space on my screen, but it's not an option I would care greatly about. It's the kind of thing I'd need to try out to decide if I liked it.

Quote:
#4 Duplicate detection. There is none currently,
This would be easy to implement. You'd have to define a "duplicate." I wrote code that does a fuzzy match on title when adding ebooks (to allow new formats to go directly into existing records). I did not do a fuzzy match on author. When author matched exactly and title fuzzy matched, I considered the two to be the same book and added the new book to the existing record.

If the only "duplicate" you locate is one with the same ISBN, it would not be of value to me. I have a command line search that will find duplicates in the SQL database, but usually, I just open metadata.db with SQLiteSpy, and call up my saved duplicate search to find dupes. I agree it's not as easy as locating them within Calibre. I considered asking Chaley, (or doing it myself) to add SQL searching into the search line. That would let you save a duplicate SQL search.

Quote:
#5 Minor UI gripe: the main pane that shows the list of books should be draggable for re-size,
Funny, I thought it was.

Last edited by Starson17; 04-13-2010 at 01:33 PM.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote