View Single Post
Old 05-15-2012, 04:06 AM   #5
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogcalas View Post
FIRST, I want to thanks @ixtab you for u time,
I configured the PC to forward packets, but in the Kindle to set the gateway is it like in a normal linux PC? /etc/network/interfaces, when i opened that file, it showed this
auto usb0
iface usb0 inet dhcp
and i am not sure but, usb0 isn't dhcp, it has a fixed ip 192.168.15.244.
Well, if it really is DHCP (I doubt it), then actually running dnsmasq on the PC might be an option to auto-configure the Kindle.

Quote:
How i configure gateway on the Kindle.?
route add default gw 192.168.15.1

Quote:
I opened /etc/resolv.conf and is empty, i am going to configue it like i do in Linux

domain uci.cu
nameserver 10.0.0.3

If i use the vi to edit files in the kindle, what i have to press to save?
Sorry for my English.
The really, really most basic commands in vi:
Press "i" to start editing
Press "Escape" to end editing
type ":wq!" to save and quit.

"vi is not an editor" - "What is it then?" - "I think it makes music. All I seem to get from it is beeps"
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote